It was previously reported that Arnold Schwarzenegger was considering a return to the world of The Predator. But according to a recent statement by the actor, that’s probably not going to happen anytime soon.
Schwarzenegger told Yahoo! Movies “They asked me, and I read it, and I didn’t like it — whatever they offered. So I’m not going to do that, no. Except if there’s a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role. But the way it is now, no, I won’t do that.”
So, there you have it. It sounds like Arnold will not be returning but he didn’t completely close the door on the possibility.
The film stars Boyd Holbrook, Edward James Olmos, Sterling K. Brown, Jacob Tremblay, Olivia Munn, Thomas Jane, Jake Busey, and Yvonne Strahovski.
Benicio del Toro was tapped to star at one point but was later replaced by Boyd Holbrook due to a scheduling conflict.
Shane Black recently told ComingSoon that the Predator will be getting some serious upgrades in terms of costume design, as well as abilities.
The picture is scheduled for release February 9, 2018. It is a collaboration between writer Fred Dekker (The Monster Squad) and Black.
When the project was first announced, it was revealed that this would be a direct sequel to the first film, ignoring everything that came after it.