The film concerns a couple (played by Donald Sutherland and Julie Christy) who lose their young daughter in a tragic drowning accident. When the couple travels to Venice, they encounter two women, one of whom claims to have a message for them from their daughter. The encounter drives the couple to a place of obsession and leads to a series of life threatening encounters and ultimately finds them crossing paths with a killer.
The film will see re-release on DVD and Blu-ray February 10, 2015. The disc can be pre-ordered via the Criterion website and is also available on Amazon.
The features on the Criterion release will include:
- New 4K digital restoration, approved by director Nicolas Roeg, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-rayNew conversation between the film’s editor, Graeme Clifford, and film writer Bobbie O’Steen
- “Don’t Look Now,” Looking Back, a short 2002 documentary featuring Roeg, Clifford, and cinematographer Anthony Richmond
- Death in Venice, a 2006 interview with composer Pino Donaggio
- Something Interesting, a new documentary on the writing and making of the film, featuring interviews with Richmond, actors Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland, and coscreenwriter Allan Scott
- Nicolas Roeg: The Enigma of Film, a new documentary on Roeg’s style, featuring interviews with filmmakers Danny Boyle and Steven Soderbergh
- Q&A with Roeg at London’s Ciné Lumière from 2003
- PLUS: An essay by film critic David Thompson