Grindhouse Releasing has announced that Lucio Fulci shocker A Cat In The Brain – often described as “the most violent movie ever made” – will be touring US theaters this summer, as of June 2nd.
The movie, which was written, directed by and stars Fulci will also be released in a brand-new, deluxe, 3-disc Blu-ray edition, due to hit shelves on July 12th.
Fulci, the Italian maestro behind Zombie and The Beyond, among others, stars as a director being driven insane by his own movies, who is thrust into an ultra-violent nightmare of death and depravity, where murder and madness consume his sanity.
Grindhouse Releasing co-founder Bob Murawksi described A Cat In The Brain as his “favourite Fulci movie”:
How could it not be? It’s wall-to-wall gore, and stars Lucio Fulci playing himself. It delivers on all levels
To that end, the legendary Cliver Barker (Hellraiser) described the film thus:
The fun never stops! Sadism, carnage, brutality, lust and utter psychosis delivered, as only Lucio Fulci can
As with their recent #1 smash Pieces, the BD release of the flick will be issued in two versions; the standard release, and a special, limited edition for collectors of which only 3,000 copies will be made available.
The limited edition includes a glow-in-the-dark slipcover and an original portrait of Fulci created especially for the release.
Collectors looking to get their hands on same should pre-order from Diabolik DVD ASAP, as their customers will get first priority and receive the set early.
As an added bonus, Diabolik are offering a special bundle including Cat In The Brain and the official Lucio Fulci bobble-head from Cult Collectibles.
Check out the full Blu-ray features for the release below:
- Hi-definition digital restoration of the original, uncensored Director’s Cut
- Presented with English and original Italian language soundtracks
- In-depth interviews with director Lucio Fulci and cult superstar Brett Halsey (Revenge Of The Creature, Return Of The Fly, The Godfather 3)
- New interviews with composer Fabio Frizzi, screenwriter Antonio Tentori,
cinematographer Sandro Grossi and poster artist Enzo Sciotti
- Lucio Fulci’s heroic appearance at the 1996 NYC Fangoria Weekend of Horrors
- Original Italian theatrical trailer, gallery of stills and poster art
- Liner notes by Antonella Fulci, David J. Schow, Eli Roth and Martin Beine
- Bonus CD of the original soundtrack by Fabio Frizzi!
- Chilling glow-in-the-dark slip cover (limited to first 3,000 copies)
- Mini portrait of Lucio Fulci – suitable for framing (limited to first 3,000 copies)
-PLUS OTHER SURPRISES!