Home » Kevin Bacon Assures Tremors TV Series is Not Dead

Kevin Bacon Assures Tremors TV Series is Not Dead

Tremors

It has been a year-and-a-half since we first reported on the latest attempt at a small screen adaptation of Tremors. But, today we have an update (of sorts). Kevin Bacon has once again assured fans that the project is still in the works.

In an interview with Digital Spy, the actor confirmed that the series is still a go. “We’re still chipping away at that! I can honestly say it’s not dead yet,” Bacon told the outlet.

He also reiterated where he wants to take the plot of the TV show. “So, what happens after you’ve become an accidental hero? 25 years later. And that’s the thing we want to explore in this series.”

As for wether or not we can expect to see the return of Earl (Fred Ward) or Burt (Michael Gross), Bacon said: “I don’t know, that kinda remains to be seen!”

Last we heard, Bacon was on board both to star in and executive produce the series. At that point, it was reported that the show was being produced via a partnership between Universal Television and Blumhouse.

This isn’t the first time Tremors has been adapted for the small screen, the previous attempt ran for 13 episodes on the SyFy Channel in 2003.

The original remains one of the most beloved cult classics of the ’90s and it has spawned a series of follow up efforts that went direct to video, as well as a short lived television series in 2003. The latest DTV installment in the series will hit video January 30, 2018.

The feature film Tremors saw a town plagued by underground creatures called graboids that were intent upon whittling down the town’s population.

Share This Post
Written by Tyler Doupé
Tyler Doupe' is the managing editor at Wicked Horror. He has previously penned for Fangoria Mag, Rue Morgue Mag, FEARnet, Fandango, ConTV, Ranker, Shock Till You Drop, ChillerTV, ComingSoon, and more. He lives with his husband, his dog, and cat hat(s).
Have your say!
00
Bitnami